Sunday, May 20, 2012

Bathroom makeover!

I gave our old... very original bathroom a little makeover this week! It was fun, and a much needed makeover. The plan is to gut it in a couple years, improve the layout and get rid of that beautiful flooring... :)

I thought I'd try and work with the yellow and black tile and maybe distract from the flooring! Love how it came together. And my funny little 3.5 year old is just lovin this makeover, I guess you can tell she's my daughter. She would wake up in the morning to see the new bath mat, or vase and flowers and coming running to me so excited to tell me how much she likes it!

She has been telling all her friends and anyone else this week about our bathroom makeover... haha, its hard to explain to a 3.5 year old that... most kids don't care too much about bathroom makeover! But I'm glad she does ;)

Before

After

Before

After


Before


After


Before


After

After - This is my favourite little corner, just makes me happy :)
 


Me - clearly satisfied with my quick little makeover! haha.
The things that went into this makeover:
- New paint color... I know! Hard to tell from the pictures, but it is quite different. It was quite a creamy brown taupe, now it is quite grey
- Took the ugly verticals down that we never use anyways, since its a high window
- Painted the cupboards yellow. I used the leftover paint from Avery's room. It was much to light, so I tinted it with my paints... quite happy with the yellow I came up with... now for a silly paint name!
- New shower curtain, bath mat, accessories, art work above the toilet
- New hardware on the cupboards

Pretty simple and took me about a day! Grand total: $185! Most expense was the shipping for the shower curtain (wayfair.com - thanks for the tip to my pal Tara), and anthropology knobs... hehe, $10 each! But who can resist!

5 comments:

Kamry Low said...

love the yellow! i love decorating stuff, even though people think i have no vision i love seeing it and wish i had more motivation to do that! looks so great

Sheri said...

Love it all! I am seriously in love with that shower curtain......I almost want to give my bathroom a makeover just so I can get it.

decorating ideas for bedrooms said...

Good day,
Heavenor Family
I conceive this article truly is different. I am a big fan of this website, would like you to continue proceeding with updates.

Todd Kroll @ KrollWindow said...

Your makeover project was really fantastic! It wasn't a major one, but the changes are noticeable. Those sunflowers did a great job in enlivening the mood in your bathroom.

Anonymous said...

视讯聊天 , 视讯聊天室 , 聊天室 , 免费视讯 , 视讯美女聊天室 , 视讯辣妹 , 交友聊天室 , 美女秀场 , 美女直播 , 美女视频