Monday, February 14, 2011

A week in Paradise!

This trip was... amazing! The week can be summarized by saying we just enjoyed out resort, ate good food and relaxed! We had great weather, even my white body came back with a TAN... not a burn! I feel very fortunate that my parents treated me and Paige to this week, I missed Jordan like crazy but with his work and school schedule it was just not possible for him to get away at this time. Plus with my parents on this trip, it would have been hard to find someone to watch Avery all week.

My parents were able to take 2 of us, Kamry and Jason just got back from Mexico, Taren had a couple big gymnastics meets coming up that she couldn't get coaching subs for, so that left me and Paige! We had a lot of fun together, and with all my parents work friends that were there too! They were all so much fun!
View from me and Paige's balcony, My Dad said we had the money view and if I wasn't pregnant (ours was on floor 1, and theirs was on floor 3) they would have made us switch, haha, another perk of being pregnant!
Our room!

They had hammocks all over
Swim up Bar, we actually never went to that bar cause it was the cold pool, we preferred the warmer pool... :)
Our beach, the sand was like flour and crystal blue water!
The Spa! It was so relaxing and smelt so good whenever you would walk by!
First night at dinner
Chess time, taught Paige chess, yea... were pro!
Paige and Me and Mary from Texas, her husband manages the Fort Mac office.
Me, Tam and Mary (Tam's husband manages the Eastern offices) going to Playa Del Karmen for some shopping!
My pedicure that I treated myself to at the Spa, sooo relaxing!
My cute parents, they had this singer one night sing all romantic songs. She was amazing!!! It was like Celine Dion singing live, she hit every note and sang such great songs. Made me want to dance with Jordan... instead me and Paige watched others dance, haha! The Entertainment was always pretty good every night.
Me and Paige outside the Mexican restaurant one night
At the Mexican restaurant, me and Paige with Carole and Fran and Tam and Kevin
Me and Paige at the French restaurant the last night
Aloha! Our last night in Mexico... *tear* but also so excited to get home to my 2 favourite people!

Highlights of the week:
- Amazing room and service, 24 hr room service
- great food and drinks: 8 restaurants at night and awesome buffet and lunch for breakfast
- Good night time entertainment
- awesome resort for couples: made me miss Jordan... I know... poor me!!!
- Beautiful beach and ocean
- pools after pools, you could always find a good spot by the pool or ocean
- awesome weather, we really lucked out. The day we left it clouded over and started raining... talk about good timing!
- Getting home to my 2 sweeties, Jordan was so amazing taking care of Avery all week. He couldn't get work off except one day, so my Grandma and good friend Rachel stepped in I missed those 2 so much. They picked me up at the airport, it was awesome! Avery ran up to me and hugged me forever, and then she looked at me smiling and put her hands on my cheeks! It was hilarious! Good to be home!

4 comments:

Scott and Tara said...

FUN! I want to go!

Kamry Low said...

jealous even though i just got back! You got great weather! I now want to try that resort!

julied said...

jealous!!!

Anonymous said...

Did I mention that you and Paige suck!!

Taren