Tuesday, March 16, 2010

1/4 Century club!

(Yes, this is me as a baby... and no my dad is not 16 here)


I sort of feel like I've been 25 for at least the last 3 years, so this wasn't as big of milestone and others would feel. The reason for that is because with my work I work with a lot of clients who are trusting me and spending quite a bit of money. They are usually 90% of the time older than me, and many times ask my age or judge me at first cause I look young (or really am young.) So since I started in the industry almost 4 years ago I've been telling clients I'm 25! haha, its just a little white lie... but mostly a business strategy. So this day is a long time coming!

But it was a great birthday (Jordan spoiled me) and nice to reflect on all the things I've learned over my 25 years on this earth. Trust me I still have lots to learn, but I like to say that I'm honestly 25 now, and I feel it... and it feels good!

So here are the 5 main things I've learned (that I can think of off the top of my head) in my 25 years on this earth ;)

- Not everything goes according to plan. I'm a planner, and especially over 2009 I learned that my plans don't always unfold. So I've learned to be more accommodating and roll with the punches. "When given lemons... make lemonade!"

- Family is the best, I have lots of wonderful close friends that I love so much! But nothing beats family, and I'm so grateful to have mine close by!

- I thought I couldn't love Jordan more than the day I married him... wrong! Every day I love him more and more! I love as we grow older and make experiences together, we only get stronger!

- The love that I have for my daughter is the best feeling in the world! And its taught me to see a glimpse of what my Heavenly Father feels for me! I love watching her learn and grow and she cracks me up on a daily basis. I just love being a Mom

- I love to create, whether its at work or at home. To make something beautiful just makes me smile, and to helps clients make there homes beautiful gives me such joy as well! I also love dealing with clients and people. I love to read people and see the different approach I should take to deal with them.

3 comments:

Julie said...

ahahah. i love that picture!!! hilarious. and happy birthday! and I'm pretty sure everyone has lied about their age some time or another.

Kim said...

So funny that you would say you're 25...love it! I feel like my 20's really helped me change as a person...made me stronger. Happy Birthday!!

Robyn said...

Holy cow your dad looks young in that picture!! How old was he really? He still looks young, too young to be a grandpa lol! My dad is the same way, looks way younger than his age. It sounds like you have a good birthday!! Happy Birthday!!