Monday, March 29, 2010

Beef Stew Recipe

Don't you love a good beef stew!? I didn't even like beef growing up, but since my tastes of matured... haha, I just love it! Jordan went on a YM's camp last summer and the last day this wonderful lady in our Grace Dyer brought them beef stew (they actually were up on top of Mount Robinson as the camp was a hike and Jordan arranged for the helicopter that brings tourists up everyday to bring a package up and it had beef stew, buns, and chocolate from Grace) and he was telling me how it was the best thing hes ever tasted! From then I've been craving a good beef stew!

So I bought this slow cooker little magazine at a Safeway check out. I love doing slow cooker meals when I work, cause I have time in the morning to put it together and then we have a tasty healthy dinner when we get home. So this has been one of my favourites. I've tweaked a few things and when I made it last week it was fine tuned and perfect! So here is the recipe with a few tweaks I did. Enjoy! Its so easy to make too!

Beef Stew:

-1/3 C flour
- 1 t salt
- 1 t paprika
- 1/4 t pepper
- 2 1/2 lb lean boneless beef stew
meat
- 2 T EVOO
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bag (1 lb) baby carrots or cut up 5-6 carrots into the size of baby carrots
- 2 C baby potatoes
- 1 can beef broth (184ml)
- 1/2 C Welshes grape juice
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 t ginger
- 8-10 mushrooms chopped (if you like mushrooms, leave it out if you don't)

- Spray Slow Cooker
- heat up oil on pan.
- Combine flour, salt, paprika, and pepper in Ziploc. Shake beef in Ziploc and fry in oil on pan. Brown beef on all sides for 5-7 mins and transfer to bottom of slow cooker. Top with potatoes, carrots and onions.
- Mix broth, juice, tomatoes paste, garlic, and ginger.
- Pour solution into cooker
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours
- Add mushrooms and cook 1-2 more hours
- if not adding mushrooms cook on low for 6-8 hours

ENJOY!

No comments: